3 Easy Tuna Recipes to try for Lent
Lenten season is fast approaching! If you are one of those who will abstain from eating meat on Fridays during Lent, here are 3 easy recipes that you can try.
CREAMY TUNA AND MUSHROOM PASTA
1/4 cup Magnolia Gold Butter Unsalted
2 tbsp minced onion
1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
1 (298g) can cream of mushroom
2 cups Magnolia fresh milk
1 (185g) can San Miguel del Mar Tuna Chunks in Oil
1 tbsp chopped dill leaves (optional)
1/4 kg spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and sauté onion and mushrooms.
- Add cream of mushroom and milk. Mix until lump free and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tuna and dill, and simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Toss pasta into the sauce.
Makes 6 servings. Yield: 6 cups
- Substitute dill leaves with chopped parsley or basil leaves.
- Add sliced black olives for flavor boost.
EASY TUNA TACOS
1/3 cup Magnolia Real Mayonnaise
2 tsp chopped garlic
6 pc small flour tortillas or pita bread, lightly warmed or toasted
1/2 cup shredded lettuce leaves
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
1 (100g) pc tomato, sliced
1 (185g) can San Miguel Del Mar Tuna Chunks in Water, drained
- To make garlic sauce, mix mayonnaise and garlic then set aside.
- In the center of each flour tortilla, place 1 to 2 tablespoons of lettuce leaves, cucumber slices, tomato slices, and tuna. Drizzle with garlic sauce.
- Fold tortilla to secure filling.
Makes 6 servings.
Keep tortillas in the refrigerator for up to a week and freeze for up to 3 months.
To warm store-bought tortillas: (1) heat in a dry hot pan over medium heat for about 30 seconds on each side, (2) wrap stacked tortillas in a paper towel, then wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 300°F for about 10 minutes and (3) cover tortillas with a damp paper towel and microwave for 1 minute.
Buy salad greens that are bright in color, leaves crisp, free of blemishes and smell fresh.
THAI FISH CAKES
1 (185 g) can San Miguel Del Mar Tuna Chunks in Water, drained
1 tbsp Sriracha or preferred chili sauce
2 tbsp chopped green onions
2 tbsp chopped Thai basil leaves or coriander leaves
1 pc Magnolia brown egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 cup golden fry palm oil
- Combine tuna, Sriracha, green onions, basil, egg, and bread crumbs in a bowl. Break tuna apart with a fork to mix well. Form mixture into 2 tablespoon patties. If the mixture is runny, add more bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, fry fish cakes until golden brown. Serve with extra Sriracha sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
• Substitute bread crumbs with mashed potatoes for a different texture.
• Chill patties to set before frying.
Hope this helps. Let me know in the comment section which of these easy recipes for Lent have you tried.
Let’s stay connected:
This is what I’m talking about. All recipes are very much appreciated…coz I love them all
Jowana F Gumboc
Wow. Ang sasarap ng recipe ng Tuna. Nakakatakam at nakakagutom. Thanks Mommy for sharing these recipes.