ECQ made me do it! haha Since we’ve been cooking a lot these days, we created our own Youtube account where we can share the recipes that we are trying, of course, named after this blog — Homebound Mom. First on our list is this Easy Homemade Mango Pie.
If you are from or went to the Philippines and visited the ever famous Jollibee, you probably tried their Peach Mango Pie. I’ve been seeing a lot of posts on social media recreating it, but, we don’t have peaches so we just made Mango Pie using sliced bread. Here’s how we did it:
– 2 big ripe mangoes
– 3 tbsp sugar
– tasty/loaf bread
– breadcrumbs or crackers
- Slice the mangoes into cubes.
- Mix sugar and mango and cook in low heat.
- Bring to a boil until the mango looks soft enough or once you achieved your desired consistency.
- While waiting for the mango to cool down, remove the sides of the loaf bread.
- Flatten the bread using a rolling pin, bottle, or your favorite glass.
- Add filling in the center of the bread and fold. Secure the sides by pressing it with fork
- Dip the bread in the egg and breadcrumbs.
- Fry the bread until golden brown.
Mine is a little overcooked, so please make sure that you watch it while cooking. Also, put a little more filling than what I’ve shown in the video.
And that’s it!
If you will try this recipe, please let me know if you liked it too! Leave your comments below.