Fusilli Carbonara with Mushroom Recipe
Whenever my son doesn’t want to eat rice, our go-to food would always be pasta, pancit bihon, pancit canton or any noodles topped with white or red sauce. And today is one of those days. Good thing pasta and sauce are included in our monthly grocery staples! I prepared a very easy to cook Fusilli Carbonara with Mushroom for lunch so the picky toddler can eat.
I do not have time to check for the best recipe online, so I just cooked it like a normal pasta would be cooked. Here’s how I did it.
- 3 cups Fusilli pasta
- 200g Del Monte Carbonara Style Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/2 bulb garlic
- 1 onion
- 115g Jolly Mushroom in a can – premium sliced
- dried parsley
- grated cheese
- Add the fusilli pasta to a pot of boiling water. Add salt and oil. I usually add salt after I put the pasta inside to avoid mineral deposits or white spots on my cooking pots.
- Let it boil for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Keep half-cup of the pasta water. Drain and keep aside.
- In a different pot, saute the onion, garlic, and mushroom until slightly brown in color.
- Add the Del Monte Carbonara Style Spaghetti Sauce.
- Stir and add the half-cup pasta water until well-mixed.
- Add the grated cheese according to your liking.
- Season with a pinch of salt and parsley.
- Let it boil until creamy or until the cheese melted.
- You may opt to mix all the sauce in your cooked pasta or put it in a separate container to just pour the sauce on your desired amount of pasta.
- Top with cheese and dried parsley and you’re done!
I just felt happy after lunch as my son liked my version of Fusilli Carbonara with Mushroom. Cooking has never been a talent. But when we moved to our own house I had no choice but to learn how to cook, consult google or experiment with a recipe like my own version of Chicken Adobo.
If you are not a good cook like me, have you tried recipes without a guide?
If you will try this specific recipe, can you kindly leave your thoughts below? Please let me know how it went for you. Or follow me on my Facebook Page so we can connect.
Thank you and enjoy!