Evolution of Fathers
Fathers’ duties have evolved beyond being the family’s sole provider. They are equally important in nurturing the family’s wellbeing by building strong relationships and being actively involved in child care interests and responsibilities.
Some fathers become the family’s rock, providing as much protection as they can. Although other fathers are not huggers or emotionally attuned, you know they genuinely care deep down through their unique love language. A lot has been blessed with fathers or father figures in their life who helped shape them into who they are now. We thus salute these men on their special day–Father’s Day.
Love Language Food
Nothing beats whipping up something sweet from the heart. This Father’s Day, express your love language by making this easy recipe. Make this utterly #Madalicious treat, Cerveza Negra Chocolate Balls, made with Magnolia Devil’s Food Cake Mix combined with Cerveza Negra. It will pleasantly surprise your taste buds too.
Cerveza Negra Chocolate Balls
Preparation Time: 40 min
Baking/Cooking Time: 25 min
1 (550 g) pack Magnolia Devil’s Food Cake Mix
3 (50 g each) pc Magnolia brown eggs
1 (330 mL) bottle Cerveza Negra
1 (120 mL) cup coconut oil
For coating and decor:
1/2 kg dark chocolate, chopped
100 grams pistachio nuts, chopped
1 (120 g) cup cocoa powder
1 (80 g) cup desiccated coconut
100 grams white chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 176.7°C (350 F). Meanwhile, line and grease one (1) 12×16 inch square pan
with baking/wax paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, Cerveza Negra, and oil. Mix until smooth.
Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool and then crumble cake and form into 1-inch balls.
- Prepare dark chocolate by melting it for 10-15 seconds in a microwave oven over a high
- Dip each ball in melted dark chocolate and then roll each ball in pistachio nuts, cocoa
powder, or desiccated coconut. Drizzle with some melted white chocolate placed in a piping
bag, if desired.
Makes 40 pieces.
(Yield: 40 pc (30 grams per ball) /4 pc per serving )