When the ‘gig economy’ became popular, more and more people are now gearing toward freelancing. This 2019 alone, Payoneer’s Global Gig-Economy Index, listed the Philippines as one of the Top 10 Countries with increased revenue growth. With the rise of freelancers looking for jobs online, the number of skills marketplaces also increased. Adding to the list this 2019 is Rakuboss.ph.
“Rakuboss is a multifaceted Filipino skills marketplace that supports freelancers from any business sector within the Philippines.” It is an easy-to-use platform, displaying a variety of freelance services, designed for clients and freelancers.
How does it work?
- Register an account at Rakuboss.ph, just enter your Name, Email Address, Username, and Password. Then, head over to your email service provider to activate your account.
- Complete your profile, account, and withdrawal settings.
- Once done, you can now create your portfolio/sideline to sell, or contact a client regarding their request/job listing.
How to Create a Sideline
- Go to ‘My Sidelines’ in the Selling tab and click ‘Add New Proposal’ or navigate to your profile and click ‘Create Here’ under Services.
- Complete the Sideline details, making sure that all information and instructions are complete.
- Add the Sideline image. The recommended image dimension is a landscape with a width of 1000px and a height of 600px size.
- Submit and wait for your listing to be verified by Rakuboss.
Once approved, Rakuboss will help you find the clients based on your sideline’s description. All interested clients who will view or avail of your services will reflect on your ‘My Sidelines’ page.
If a client avail of your sideline, you can transact with the client to check if you need to revise anything. All transactions should be done through your ‘Inbox Messages’. Once all details are agreed upon, the client will then ‘Order’ your sideline.
You can manage your payment transactions on the ‘Withdrawal Requests’ page. Registration and selling your sidelines are free at Rakuboss. Note that they receive a 6% commission for every successful transaction.
As this is a new platform, this is the best time for Filipino freelancers to create an account and showcase their portfolio. Also, take advantage of Rakuboss’ promise to make its platform “accessible to everyone who wants to spark a change in this competitive and ever-changing industry.”