While my husband and I are going over our life plans, traveling also came to mind. We have never traveled yet as a family because we promised ourselves that all big leisure expenses will be done ONLY once our house is paid in full. But, to prepare and to attract the possibility of traveling in Europe in the future, I researched about Schengen Visa application. Leaving it here on the blog for future use.
Schengen Visa Application -Philippines
A Schengen visa is a short-stay visa that allows one to travel to any of the 26 European countries included in the Schengen area to stay for up to 90 days for tourism or business purposes.
Tourist visa application requirements for Filipinos
- Schengen Visa Application Form – completed and signed. The application form is free and can be downloaded from schengenvisainfo.com.
- Valid passport – with a minimum validity of three months beyond the date of your planned stay in Schengen.
- Two recent photos. The photo size should be 35x45mm with a neutral facial expression and should be in color.
- Evidence of legal residence in the Philippines.
- Round-trip flight itinerary or reservation – with entry, exit date, and flight numbers specified.
- Travel Health Insurance for the whole period of stay in Europe is a must. An example is the ‘Travel Master’ of Malayan Insurance who offers the most comprehensive international travel insurance available in the Philippines. You can check their coverage here: https://bit.ly/2Zyt1IR
- A document that shows where you will stay in Europe – proof of accommodation like hotel booking or rent agreement.
- Proof of financial means should be submitted to support your stay in the Schengen area. This includes recent bank statements, proof of employment, payslips, ITR, sponsorship letter (if you have a sponsor), etc.
- A cover letter with the reasons why you want to visit the specific country and information on the trip.
Where to apply and and application fee
Where you need to lodge the visa application depends on the number of countries you are going to visit, the days you will be spending in each, and the way that Schengen countries have regulated Schengen visa submission in the Philippines.
If you will travel to France or Greece, below is where you have to submit the application. For other countries, please visit THIS LINK for more information.
Visa application to France from Philippines
Address: France Visa Application Centre
VFS Global, Mezzanine Floor, Ecoplaza Bldg.,, Don Chino Roces Ave Ext, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Phone: +63 2 790 4903
Hours: M-F 7AM – 2PM
Visa application to Greece from Philippines
Address: Embassy of the Hellenic Republic (Greece),
Unit 701, SEDCCO 1 Building, 120 Rada str, Legaspi Village,
Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines 1229.
Phone: (+632) 8174444
Hours: M-Th 8AM – 12NN
Book an appointment online or in person to submit your application and for a visa interview. The documents will be handed over to the visa consular at the center where you will be interviewed (if the interview is required).
According to those who traveled already, the interview lasts around 10-15 minutes. You will be asked about your travel details and other personal questions, all information should match with the documents submitted to them.
You will pay a non-refundable visa fee and service fee after the document has been submitted.
Usually, it takes a week up to 45 business days or longer for the result to come out.
You will receive an email or a text message once your passport has been returned to VAC requesting you to pick it up for the result.
The above are just basic information. I will update this blog with a detailed one if we were able to travel, Lord willing.