Can it still be called Buffalo Chicken Wings even if it’s not spicy? Or, just plain sweet chicken wings? haha We originally planned to try cooking a spicy buffalo chicken wings, since we have a toddler, we just left out the hot sauce. Here’s our Buffalo Wings recipe:
1 tsp pepper⠀
1 tsp salt⠀
2 tbsp fish sauce⠀
1 kg chicken wings⠀
2 tbsp butter⠀
4 tbsp tomato sauce⠀
4 tbsp brown sugar⠀
2 tbsp soy sauce⠀
3 tbsp flour⠀
4 tbsp cornstarch⠀
2 tsp garlic powder⠀
hot sauce optional⠀
- Pour the salt, pepper, fish sauce, and egg to the chicken then mix.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the flour and cornstarch to the chicken
- Fry chicken until cooked.
- Set aside
- Prepare the sauce: Mix butter, tomato sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and garlic powder.
- Mix well and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- Fry the chicken again to make it crispy.
- Once crispy, mix the fried chicken with the sauce.
- Pour sesame seeds on top. That’s it! Enjoy. 🙂
Verdict: It’s sweet but tasty. So, if you are going to try cooking with the same ingredients that we used, tone down the sugar a bit.
PS. Ingredients and procedure came from different sources, we just mixed it up. And again, we are not chefs/cooks, just sharing the buffalo wings recipe that we’ve tried.
LINK TO TO OTHER FOOD AND RECIPE POSTS.